Monday, October 22, 2012

Unprocessed Weekend #2

Saturday

Breakfast was waffles. Standard weekend breakfast for us is either pancakes or waffles.
Today's waffles were made with wholemeal flour and served with mango chunks, a sprinkling of coconut and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
For lunch I balsamic roasted an eggplant and a sweet potato.
I made them part of my bean salad, using balsamic as the dressing.
For dinner I enjoyed a quick and easy dish that I whizzed up in less than 20 mins. I got several veggies out of the fridge, chopped and sauteed and added red kidney beans and tomatoes. Add a bunch of fresh oregano and YUM!
Dessert.... of course. 2 medjool dates with cashew butter. 
One of those amazing combinations that is sooo simple but is just divinely tasty.
Bad photo :-( From my phone....
 

Sunday
Breakfast was in the car on the way to church!!! Aren't Sunday's for sleep-ins afterall?!?!? Home-made muesli it was. Got to love little containers and husband's who drive for their wife! :-)

Lunch was leftovers from last nights dinner & an orange.
I had a really busy Sunday..... selling our car, and preparing for our daughter's birthday party. I had to do our grocery shopping too that afternoon and as I was already exhausted I decided to do it before our evening meal because I knew I wouldn't feel up to it if I left it til after dinner!
It was the ~first time~ since I started my unprocessed challenge that I felt down. 
I just sooooooooo badly wanted to buy pre-made veggie burgers for dinner and be done with. Nothing bad, I didn't feel like chocolate or chips or anything majorly unhealthy like that, I just wanted convenience.
Which reminded me of the importance of staying well organised and also, of making sure there are quick & easy meals in my plan.
I did find a great little local bakery that makes bread on hand using natural ingredients! Much to my delight. So I did have a treat of 'fresh' non-grocery store bread!!!!!!
I didn't succumb to my store-bought burger desire though..... 
Instead I came home and lounged on the couch while my daughter and husband prepared lentil and mushroom burgers for me. Without breadcrumbs or sauce to hold them together, the did fall apart a little and become a bit more like sloppy joes, but they were so delicious with leaves and beetroot and a few left over balsamic roasted veggies from yesterday! :-)
 

Dessert was chocolate mousse.
Made by my ever useful mini food processor simply by combining a frozen banana, 2 dates, 2 Tablespoons cacao powder and enough milk to make it all really creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment