Monday, March 26, 2012

Crumbed Mushrooms

These are sooooooooo delicious.
A little time consuming but well worth the effort since they aren't that difficult.

You'll need:
1/4 cup soymilk
egg replacer to the equivalent of 1 egg (I use Orgran No Egg)

Make the egg replacer as per packet directions.
Mix the egg replacer in a bowl with the soymilk.

In a separate bowl mix together
1/2 cup wholemeal bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground sage
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast

I use the small size container of mushrooms. This makes just enough coating for them all. I think its 200g!

Pick a mushroom up using a fork & dip it first in the eggwash mixture & then in the crumbs. I find it just works easiest with a fork. I actually use 2 forks so I can then help the mushroom slide off the other fork and onto the baking tray.
Repeat til all the mushrooms are coated. Bake at 200C for half hour or until lightly golden brown. (Some of the crumbs may fall off!)
Delicious by themselves or as part of a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment