Saturday, November 10, 2012

Review: Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook

I recently picked up a copy of the relatively new Forks Over Knives Cookbook.
Yes I am one of those ~crazy~ people who actually reads cookbooks!!!

I have quite a collection of cookbooks but I can honestly say that this is a book that I really want to try EVERY SINGLE recipe. They all sound so amazingly delicious!

The book starts out with a little section before the recipes that provides the reader with some basic kitchen hints and tips & also a pantry staples list and handy kitchen tools to have. 
There isn't pictures for all the recipes but a nice collection of wonderfully photographer food in a few sections throughout the book. Even without pictures though, I think the recipes are easy enough to follow and know how your food should turn out!

The recipes include a wonderful collection of basics that I'm sure will become favourties in my household! 
There is a big collection of breakfasts that include smoothies, hot & cold cereals and more substantial warm breakfasts too. 
The salad section is sure to please everyone as it includes both grain and bean salads and each and every one of them sound like they will satisfy even those who don't consider themselves salad eaters!!!
You can't go past the soup and stew part without listing a few recipes that you'll want to try! How about Pinto Bean Stew with Hominy and Spicy Cilantro Pesto?? Or Navy Bean Soup with Lemon and Rosemary??
For those who want sandwiches and wraps your fillings are about to get so much more tasty!
Being a pasta and noodles lover I know where I want to start cooking from! Noodles with Curried Red Lentil Sauce screams "cook me" when I'm reading!
The list goes on...
Stir-fry's, casseroles, grilled, stuffed or baked veggies. Great bean and grain recipes, including millet, polenta, rice, and quinoa.
And last, but definitely not least, of course there is desserts! Of which I'll be personally taste-testing every one!



I am a MASSIVE fan of the Forks Over Knives film and believe that EVERYONE should watch it!
This documentary has taken the US by storm and many people have switched to a plant-based diet to see the amazing results it can offer them! 

I also have a copy of the book and can't recommend it enough!
Its information is vital and put in a way that is easy and enjoyable to read.

Click here to view the official Forks Over Knives website.

And happy cooking..... I'm off to make some banana bread (Page291) :-)

Question of the day:
Do you read cookbooks?
If so, all the recipes or just the ones you like the sound of?

2 comments:

  1. I read cook books too :) It's relaxing, and fun. I'm yet to see forks over knives but it's on my holiday list for sure!
    p.s. Your comment made my night, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY YAY I'm not the only cookbook reader ;-)
      I think you'll love forks over knives. Be sure to let me know when you see it.
      Glad I could cheer your night a bit. Sleep well xxx

      Delete