Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pump-cakes

Pumpkin pancakes???
Quite tasty really!
What a great way to have something a little bit different for breakfast.

I never used to like pumpkin but lately I have had a bit of a pumpkin fettish. I'm not a fan of baked pumpkin at all - but I love using pumpkin to make sweet dishes. 
Have you tried my pumpkin pie mousse?

When I buy a pumpkin, I just boil it in a pot and mash it & keep it in the fridge to use.
This is what happens when you have mashed pumpkin leftover in the fridge!

1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup ricemilk (can use soymilk but the sweetness of ricemilk is nice)
1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1/4 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
1 Tablespoon maple syrup

Mix all ingredients in a bowl & stir until smooth.
Cook like pancakes (everyone knows how to do that right????!)  :-)
Makes 6 little pancakes - you can decide if that serves 1 or 2 or even 3 ;-)
 I found these really tasty just by themselves. 
Also nice with maple syrup or fig jam :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment