Sunday, July 15, 2012

Orange Pancakes

I loooovvvvveeeee pancakes, as I'm sure you've already worked out by now. And with the right ingredients they can be a wonderfully healthy start to your morning - who said they need to be full of fat and sugar???

Try these for a nice citrus tang to your pancakes!

Perfectly compliments a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice - or for those who love choc-orange flavour, a glass of chocolate soymilk is perfect (and my preference!!!!).

You'll need:
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water, sit aside in fridge while preparing other ingredients
In a mixing bowl combine:
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
rind of 1/2 orange, grated (grate the whole rind & save some to sprinkle on top)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3/4 cup ricemilk or other non-dairy milk

Add the flax-egg & mix well.
NB: I recommend grating the rind off the orange prior to juicing, its quite difficult to do it afterwards!
Do you really need directions how to cook pancakes??? ;-)

Now that's my idea of a perfect breakfast....
oh wait - with some maple syrup of course :D



Want to try some of my other pancakes?
You could use this waffle recipe as a pancake batter too.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I love pancakes but now that the children are all grown up, I don't make them as it seems strange to make pancakes for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know your stuff... Keep up the good work! organic natural sesame seeds This is something i have never ever read, very detailed analysis.

    ReplyDelete