Thursday, September 6, 2018

Vegan Mofo Day 6 Anti-vegan Inspired - Tofu Pizza Bites


Today's vegan mofo prompt is "The Anti-Vegan"! 

Whilst I don't think that I'd win anyone for the vegan cause saying 
"tofu really can taste delicious", the simple fact of the matter is that it CAN!

So with that in mind, I used tofu to inspire my dish for today.
Most people who don't eat tofu regularly think that it's awful - 
yet how many of them have actually tried good tofu I wonder?!?!?

I have discovered that tofu can either be completely revolting, 
or totally lip smacking depending on how it's cooked and flavoured.

Different types of tofu work in different ways too and learning how each of them work and what they are best suited for is a HUGE contributing factor to how well your tofu will turn out! But explaining the different types is a long post for another day.

I remember discovering baked tofu and how different it turned out from 
cooking it in a pan! It really took my love of tofu to a whole new level! 
I love experimenting with various forms of baked tofu now!

Today - I'm hoping to inspire your tofu taste buds with this simple recipe idea!
I won't specify amounts as pizza toppings can be quite a personal preference ;-) 


TOFU PIZZA BITES

                         
                               You'll need:
                                     Firm/hard tofu (NOT silken)
                                     Tomato paste
                                     Italian herb mix
                                     Nutritional Yeast

                    Drain the tofu and press out any excess liquid by gently 
                    placing a chopping board over the tofu and pressing down 
                    lightly. You don't have to get out all the liquid so don't 
                    stress over getting the tofu perfectly dry. 
                    Slice the tofu into approx. 1cm thick pieces. 
                    Spread with the tomato paste, a sprinkle of herbs and 
                    top with nutritional yeast. 
                    Bake in a preheated 200°C for 20 minutes or 
                    until cooked as you desire.

Feel free to add veggies to your pizza bites if you want to! 

So delicious!!!! 

Question of the day:
What's your favourite way to cook/prepare tofu?

4 comments:

  1. I never thought of making pizza with tofu as the base, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! It always saddens me when people say they don't like tofu - they just haven't had it prepared/seasoned properly!

    ReplyDelete