Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Vegan Mofo Day 11 Dessert without sugar - Apple Donuts



Today's vegan mofo theme is "Dessert without added sugar"
In my opinion there's no better way to value the natural sweetness of fruit than by drastically reducing your sugar intake. And not just "sugar" but all forms of added sweeteners. 


You've probably all seen apple nacho's doing the rounds on various blogs and I've been making them for my daughter for many many years.....


BUT have you ever seen apple donuts???

Here's a bit of fun way to eat apples to give you inspiration for a tasty & healthy dessert without any sugar! 


APPLE DONUTS


Slice apple into 1cm thick pieces across the core. 
Cut the core out using an apple corer.
Spread with a variety of nut butters. 
Top with seeds and/or fresh or dried fruit. 


Delicious! :D

Question of the day:
What's your favourite fruit to eat?

I would have to say that probably raspberries and mango are my favourite fruits, but I sure do love a fresh crisp apple with nut butter too! 

2 comments:

  1. I've made apple nachos before, but this is the first I've heard of apple donuts; they look quite fun!

    ReplyDelete