Sunday, September 2, 2018

Vegan Mofo Day 2 Emoji Inspired- White Bean Spread


This vegan MOFO I'm hoping to follow along the plan that has been set up! 

You can see a list of the upcoming themes and prompts by clicking here
That means I'm starting the month off with Inspiration Week

Today's inspiration is bought to you by Emoji's!!!


             Image result for yummy emojiImage result for thumbs up emoji


When I was thinking about emoji's I checked my phone to see my most recently used ones to get my inspiration, and other than smiley faces and blowing kisses (mainly to my husband!) my most commonly used ones are the tasty face and a thumbs up! Generally speaking I use the 'thumbs up' emoji when I'm thinking "too easy"!


So today I bring you a simple creation that truly is tasty and is so quick and easy it's worth a thumbs up!  


WHITE BEAN SPREAD


You'll need:
(to serve one)
1/2 cup cooked white cannellini beans
1 small overripe banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of cinnamon powder

Combine all the ingredients in a mini food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a smooth spread. 

Use as soon as it's made because the banana will begin to brown if stored. 
Delicious served over rice-cakes, with berries, nuts and/or nut butter! 

This spread is delicious and has no 'beany' taste due to the other ingredients! 
I highly recommend you give it a try! 


Want to try another delicious alternative - replace the white beans with black beans and substitute the lemon juice for 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder! 















Let me know in the comments below what creative ways 
you would like to eat this delicious spread....
And don't forget to use the 'tasty' emoji if you take a picture!!! 

Image result for wink emoji

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, interesting - I was wondering if the beans and banana would have a weird taste clash, but it sounds like that's not an issue. Great snacking idea, and I like the emoji link. Definite thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I was a little reserved to try this to start with too, but it works out great and has no beany taste at all. It's so smooth and delicious! White beans are great because they have such a mild taste to begin with!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I never would have thought to combine beans and banana! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) They truly work so well together!

      Delete