Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Vegan Mofo Day 5 Cookbook Inspired - Rice & beetroot salad


I did a whole series of cookbooks for 2014 vegan mofo which you can check out here.
So today's inspiration doesn't really come from a cookbook (as set out on the mofo list), but instead from a retreat I stayed at last year where it was lovely to have someone else cooking for me!

To be honest, I didn't exactly enjoy all the meals as I felt they were too heavy and so loaded with oil and somewhat lacking in flavour. However I used the idea behind a salad that was served to create this dish myself. 

I'm pleased to report I've since found another retreat that gladly caters to oil free requests and it's simply divine to stay there!


RICE & BEETROOT SALAD
This rice and beetroot salad is so delicious, and with cooked rice already on hand, it's super quick and easy too.




You'll need:

                 

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 carrot
3 cooked baby beets
1/2 small red onion
1/2 cup sprouted legumes (these are available
in most stores, if you don't want to sprout your own)

Dressing:
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 crushed garlic clove
few cracks black pepper

Grate the carrot, chop the onion and beets. 

Stir all ingredients  together and you're done.


No comments:

Post a Comment