Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meatless Monday - Instant Coffee

Today's Meatless Monday food is Instant Coffee.
 I have a confession to make....
I'm a coffee snob!
You see, I can't stand instant coffee! I like REAL coffee!
So I did have to buy a packet of instant coffee to complete this round of Meatless Monday!!!
I guess its handy to have some in the cupboard and when I saw this hazelnut flavoured one I definitely thought it was worth a try.

Now as for taste.... its tolerable, but NO I won't be giving up my espresso anytime soon to replace it with this ;-)

Mocha Mousse for one

150g soft silken tofu
1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tablespoon boiling water
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons maple syrup

Combine all ingredients in a mini food process or blender. 
Blend til completely smooth.
Serve.

Can be eaten straight away or if left in the fridge for a few hours it will be even thicker.
I was pleasantly surprised how much the hazelnut flavour came through - definitely a winner! 
I might even try this instant coffee for drinking ;-)

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if instant espresso powder would work with this recipe... hehe, I love espresso flavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon if you made a 'shot' then you could use it for sure! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sounds good - let me know how you go. I'm still yet to drink it! ;-)

      Delete
  3. You could also do this with the cameral flavoured one as well. It does look very inviting:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes great idea!!! :-) That would be tasty.

      Delete
  4. Haha - I don't drink instant coffee either (bleh!), but I had some (instant espresso) on hand for some reason. I'm guessing it's from a previous cooking experiment, but I can't be sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe glad I'm not the only coffee snob ;-)
      I now have some on hand too!!!!! lol

      Delete