Saturday, December 29, 2012

Colour-warp Roast Veggies

When my husband saw me preparing this dish, he told me it was all mixed up! Potatoes should be white & carrots should be orange! 
That's why I have called it a colour warp roast. But whatever the colours, the flavour mix here is very tasty.
I love sweet potatoes so much more than white potatoes! And purple carrots are just delicious. This roast is a little bit fancy and tastes amazing!

2 purple carrots
3 small sweet potatoes
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons rosemary
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup sauerkraut

Chop the carrots and sweet potatoes into bite size pieces.
Spread the bottom of a roasting pan with the sesame oil. Add the vegetable pieces & sprinkle the dried heaps over the top.
Roast in a 200C oven for 40 minutes.
Top the veggies with the sauerkraut and continue to roast for another 20 minutes. 

Serve as part of a roast dinner, on top of a bed of salad leaves, over pasta, or other grain of choice.

Shown here over corn pasta & topped with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have guessed that it was a carrot. To me it looks like beetroot! Love your colour warp roast!

    ReplyDelete