Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIAW - Mexican Tofu Hash

Happy Wednesday everyone!

What did you eat today?
Add your link to What-I-Ate-Wednesday on the Peas & Crayons blog.

   Here's my eats of the day:
Recipe links:
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Mexican Pizza - slices sandwiched together.
Lentil Pie - just made in the slow cooker instead and sliced potatoes in place of mash.
Tofu Hash - recipe below -->



Mexican Tofu Hash

When I think of a meal called "hash", potatoes come to mind! But who said you can't make a hash with tofu instead?!?!? You can always substitute the tofu for potatoes if you want a traditional hash!
I love coloured cooking!


You'll need:
1/2 cup black beans
100g firm tofu
1/2 red capsicum
1 spring onion
1/2 teaspoon each: paprika, cumin, oregano, chili
1/4 cup salsa



Chop the tofu, capsicum and onion into little cubes. Add to a dry preheated frying pan.
Add the herbs. Stir and add spoonfuls of water as needed to stop the mixture from sticking to the fry pan. Cook for approx 10 minutes or until veggies are soft. Stir in the salsa.

Serves 2.

10 comments:

  1. This Mexican hash sounds awesome!! I love the idea to use tofu in the place of potatoes. Or, I might just have to use both! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When ever I hear hash I always think of potatoes or butternut squash cubes. Love the idea of interchanging them with tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe that's exactly what I 'used' to think of with the word 'hash' too!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I wasn't too happy with the way it turned out.... when I'm confident I've got the recipe right I'll post it :-)

      Delete
  4. I so need to come over to your place! That looks like a lovely day of food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, delicious Sandy - all of it but this hash sounds great! I definitely would like it more with tofu than potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Mr B would be disappointed to miss out on potatoes though ;-)

      Delete