Monday, August 20, 2012

Tex-Mex Pizza

Another great vegan pizza - this time without any 'cheese'.


Mash a can of borlotti beans with 150g salsa.
Spread over a pizza base as you would pizza sauce.
Top with mushroom slices & corn.

Put your pizza in the oven.
While you're pizza is cooking, make the avocado dip.
Combine the flesh of one ripe avocado with a 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chilli and a 1/4 teaspoon lime juice. Mash well.
Drop spoonfuls of the avocado dip onto the pizza!


 Slice and serve.


4 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I love Mexican foods and this seems like a great idea! What do you use for the crust? I tried finding a vegan crust at the store but they all had animal products :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you!
      I'm really surprised that you haven't been able to find a pizza base that is vegan as I find 90% of them are.
      You can always make your own! Time consuming but tasty!
      Try this recipe - very basic and easy :-)
      http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-pizza-dough-10579

      Delete
    2. I mainly shop at Publix, and everything there is Bertolli or Tombstone or whatever big brand and they usually have eggs or dairy in them. Thank you for sharing that link! I just need to grab some yeast and I think I'll try to make it whole wheat this weekend! :)

      Delete
    3. Yay how exciting! Let me know how it goes - and I agree re the whole wheat, much better option! :-) Good luck :-)

      Delete