Thursday, April 5, 2012

Apple Crumble Porridge

I don't know why but something about eating this porridge just made me feel like it was apple crumble!
Maybe it was the fact that there was more apple than oats - but whatever it was, its definitely a must try!

Very easy to make & well worth the effort.
I'm usually not a fan of getting a pot out for breakfast but since it's only one pot I can manage that on a weekday!!!!!

To serve one you'll need:
1 apple of choice (I use gala)
1/4 cup oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup soymilk

Cut the apple into quarters & remove the core, then slice into thin pieces.
Put into a pot with about 1/2 cup of water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for about 10 minutes or until apples are very tender & most of the water has been evaporated.

Add the cinnamon, oats, brown sugar & milk. Stir until well combined & simmer for another 10 or so minutes until almost all the soymilk has been absorbed but that it is still moist.

Serve :-)

I reckon this would also be really nice with some raisins through it if you desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment