Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quick Savoury Corn Muffins

I really enjoy savoury muffins. My husband is not really a fan.
I think they make a great accompaniment for tomato based meals like chili's and stews.
But, I also quite enjoy eating them just plain.
I think these would also work really well in a lunchbox instead of traditional sweet muffins.

QUICK SAVOURY CORN MUFFINS

You'll need:
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons boiling water
1 cup soy milk (or other plant milk of choice)
1 cup creamed corn

Sesame seeds 

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Do not over mix.
Scoop into a lined muffin tin. Sprinkle tops of muffins with sesame seeds.
Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

Makes 10 muffins


9 comments:

  1. I quite like them for work if I am having soup. I like to add chives to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chives would be perfect in these :-)
      Yes they are great with soup!

      Delete
  2. I remember corn muffins, but it's been ages since I've had one. Reminds me of the south! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look so easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very easy - I love food like this!!! :-)

      Delete
  4. These are great, I added a medium grated zucchini, a bit extra flax mix, almost the whole can of creamed corn (400ml) and 1/2 cup pea protein powder and they turned perfect! Thank you for the recipe, one of my fav childhood foods was creamed corn ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a great basic recipe that allows for as many add in's as you want! We often add bits and pieces depending on what we have on hand.
      Glad you enjoyed them too :-)

      Delete
  5. Made these today--super easy and super yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love an easy recipe :-) Glad you enjoyed them :-)

      Delete