Friday, January 25, 2013

Miso Eggplant and Kale

You know I'm a fan of simple dishes right?!?
I swear it doesn't get any easier than this!
And yet the flavour combination is just so delicious you'll feel like it should of taken you hours to prepare ;-)

In a large frying pan combine:

  • 1 medium size eggplant, cut into thick fry size strips
  • 1/2 bunch of kale, stem removed, leaves torn
  • 2 Tablespoons miso paste
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 cup water

Put a lid over the frying pan & leave for 15 minutes.






Come back to a delicious smell, softened eggplant, & slightly wilted kale leaves.









Serve over brown rice or other grain of choice.


Join Healthy Vegan Fridays at the veggienook.

6 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum. I love eggplant. I hate seeing it ruined with buckets of oil and salt though, this looks just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE!!!!! I can't stand seeing eggplant drowned in oil, totally destroys what a delicious tasting veg it really is!

      Delete
  2. I am a big fan of simplicity too, and this looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eggplant when it's all soft and melty, like shown in your pics.
    We're loving sweet kale soup at the mo, with a tbsp miso added in (which really heightens the 'savouriness' of the soup). I can just imagine how delicious your eggplant dish tastes. Definitely got to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im totally adding shitakes to this!
    yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooo yes that would be totally delicious!!! :D

      Delete