Friday, November 28, 2014

Kids Lunchbox Club - Salted Bean Snack


My daughter's latest obsession for morning tea break:
SALTED BEAN SNACK

It seems that she just can't get enough of these lately! 
I'm just glad that she is enjoying healthy food so much!
She calls these "green chips" - far better option than 'chips' if you ask me!

Simply top and tail a large handful of beans, place them in a microwave safe dish with just enough water to cover them. 1-2 minutes in the microwave depending on how crisp you like them to be.
Drain, place in a cool coffee mug (the kids will love that!) and crack some sea salt over the top!


Sometimes simple things really are the most satisfying!

What's something really simple that you enjoy eating?

10 comments:

  1. Just looking at this pic has got me craving green beans now lol! Simple food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I often feel like green beans - when they are served simply they are so so delicious!

      Delete
  2. I'm the same as Sharon - now I want green beans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to start a green bean club then ;-)

      Delete
  3. It's great your daughter loves this as a snack. The beans look so vibrantly green and what a healthy thing to snack on compared with a packet of chips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that she enjoys healthy food too :-) Much better option than chips that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. I am not very confident about cooking green beans but I love them when cooked well - thanks for a bit of beany inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel quite nervous cooking green beans too - I think the trick is just to make sure that they aren't over cooked - much better in my opinion to reserve a bit of extra crunch! :-)

      Delete