Friday, November 7, 2014

Chocolate Berry "Cheesecake"

Does a recipe like this really need an introduction?!?
I think not, just try it - you'll want it every night.
It's quick, easy, healthy & delicious.

 

CHOCOLATE BERRY CHEESECAKE
Crust:
1 cup oats
1 cup dates
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder

Filling:
300g frozen berries of choice
200g medium firm tofu
1/4 cup soymilk (or other motherless milk of choice)
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder

Soak the dates in boiling water til softened. 
Drain and combine the dates, oats and cocoa powder in a blender or food processor.
Blend until well combined but not completely crumbed.
Press into a 20cm pie dish.
Blend the ingredients of the pie filling.
Pour into the pie dish on top of the crust. 
Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
Defrost 15-20 minutes prior to serving.

Serve for dessert,    no wait,    actually I think this is healthy enough to be BREAKFAST!  

Or turn it into "Birthday Cake".
 


Submitted for Healthy Vegan Fridays.

Add your recipe at:
Rock My Vegan Socks 
Vegan Dollhouse

16 comments:

  1. you can tell this is a great cheesecake if you can use it both for birthdays and breakfasts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks! :-) I figure if we can have oats & berries for breakfast then this cake is basically the same thing!!!!

      Delete
  2. My kind of recipe! Not overly complicated but so delicious and loads better than traditional kinds of cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And my style recipe - I am never bothered to make anything too complicated so it's nice when simple things work out :-)

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of desserts :D Gorgeous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to think of some way to use the frozen berries that have been sitting in the freezer, and this looks so yummy! I've got dessert covered this week (a gingerbread cake, teasing me every time I open the fridge ;) but this is definitely going on my list for next week, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
      Always feels good to use up items that have been sitting in the freezer for sometime!

      Delete
  5. Yay for desserts that are decadent and healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake for breakfast? Yes, please!
    Thanks for sharing this at Healthy Vegan Fridays Sandy! This will be a featured recipe this coming Friday =)
    I have pinned & shared your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! That's exciting to be a featured recipe!

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious! I love these no bake kind of cakes. And I love chocolate and berries together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate and berries really are such a wonderful combination aren't they :-)

      Delete
  8. This looks great :) Would love to try it!
    Which brand/package of tofu do you use? I've been caught out a few times with undesirable textures :p
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Woolworths Macro brand of tofu. They have many different varieties which I find helpful.
      I guess you just have to experiment with what you can get to see what will work best. :-)

      Delete