Friday, July 18, 2014

Noodles with Green Sauce

Noodles - my husband hates them.... I love them!
So on the occasions that he doesn't join us for dinner, then I get to indulge!
Here's my favourite way of indulging in them lately:

NOODLES WITH GREEN SAUCE
Serves 4
You'll need:
350g noodles
1 zucchini
1 bunch broccolini
1 cup snow peas
90g baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon minced garlic
juice of half a lemon
150g soft silken tofu
1/2 cup soymilk (or other motherless milk of choice)
1 teaspoon cornflour
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon allspice


Chop the zucchini, broccolini and snow peas into pieces of desired size. 
 
Place vegetables and noodles into a large pot  with water & bring to the boil. Once boiling simmer for 3-5 minutes. 

Whilst the noodles & veggies are cooking prepare the sauce.
In a blender combine the spinach, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, tofu, soymilk, cornflour & herbs. Blend until smooth.

Drain the noodles & veggies and then return to the pot.
Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir over a medium heat for a few minutes until warmed through & slightly thickened.

Serve.
 





Submitted for Health Vegan Friday


Add your recipe on Rock My Vegan Socks blog each Friday.

7 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that your husband doesn't like noodles - I didn't know anyone actively disliked them, and in our household, I like them a bit but my husband likes them a lot! I really like the sound of this green sauce too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!!!!
      Glad you like the sound of the sauce!

      Delete
  2. Wowzers, I've never met a soul who doesn't like noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Doesn't like noodles? I can do without rice, but I do like noodles. :-) Lovely, healthy green sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no I definitely couldn't go without rice!!!!! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Mmmm green noodle bowl!!! This looks so good. I think I might make it tonight!! I love noodle bowls. And green things. How have I never thought of combining the two? Genius girl.
    Thanks for sharing this at Healthy Vegan Friday (and thanks for the shoutout! that made my day!).
    I am pinning this most awesome recipe on our Pinterest Board =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin :-) I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete