Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mexican Lunch Muffins

With Term 3 starting back this week, my daughter is missing her warm lunches that she got on holidays. She asked me to share this recipe.
Created by herself, it's a simple meal that she can easily make while Mummy is working from home.
So here you have it, Miss Vegans favourite school holiday lunch.

MEXICAN LUNCH MUFFINS

What you need:
Wholemeal English Muffin
Mild Salsa
Avocado
Refried beans from a can
Tofutti "Cheese" Slices

Split the muffin in half and toast it in a toaster.
Spread the muffin with the salsa, avocado and refried beans.
Put a slice of tofutti on top and then bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm.



Question of the day:
Are there any simple little meals that your school age children can make themselves without needing your help?

9 comments:

  1. wow she can come and make lunch for me too - looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your daughter is making her own lunch and showing some imagination with it too. I am sure many children would be delighted to have this dished up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is quite independent! And loves to experiment in the kitchen! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love it when my children come up with their own recipes, and this on is right up their alley! We have a GT Express (an infomercial gadget), so they can make grilled burritos or vegan cheese sandwiches anytime they want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a kitchen gadget that makes life easier! :-) I don't actually know what a GT Express is but I'll go and google it now! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my these look so yummy! Do you know, I cannot find vegan wholemeal English muffins anywhere here. How crazy is that? The wholemeal ones tend to have milk and butter in them! I'll have to keep hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is crazy! Isn't it amazing all the differences between supermarkets around the world! We get quite a decent range of wholemeal options in the bread department - even wholemeal crumpets!!!!

      Delete