Monday, June 30, 2014

Meatless Monday A to Z

This is my final edition of Meatless Monday!
It's a wrap-up of all the weeks from A through to Z.
What fun I've had being creative with the alphabet. It's also been interesting to hear what various food items are called around the world.
Don't forget to check out "Better with Veggies" to see other wonderful recipes & great fitness tips! 


A - Avocado Avocado & Orange Salad



B - Blueberries Blueberry Lemon Muffins



C - Cabbage Cabbage Shiitake Stirfry

D - Dark Chocolate Dark Chocolate Date Cookies

E - Eggplant Eggplant & Sweet Potato Stack

F - Flax Flax seed & Coconut Cookies
 


G - Garlic Beat-the-flu Pasta

H - Heart of Palm Water Chestnut Falafels

I - Instant Coffee Mocha Mousse for One
 
J - Jelly Chewy Walnut Jam Cookies

K - Kabocha Baked Pumpkin Pudding

L - Lime Sweet & Sour Carrot Salad

M - Mustard Tofu Chippees
 

N - Nuts Fruit & Nut Muffins

O - Oats PB Carrot Crackers

 

P - Potato Layered 2 Potato Bake

Q - Queso Cheesey-Salsa Sauce
 


R - Raisins Rum & Raisin Rice Porridge

S - Squash Simple Squash Stir-fry

T - Tofu Gnocchi with Basil

 

U - Unbleached Flour Walnut Blondies

V - Vanilla Vanilla Banana Custard

W - Watercress Kale Attacked Minestrone Stew
 
X - Xocolato Melting Mocha Pudding 

Y - Yams Orange Soup
 
Z - Zest Choc-orange Pancakes

Have you tried any of these recipes? 
Do you have a favourite?
Moreover, do you follow Meatless Monday? 
I think it's a FANTASTIC movement to encourage people to forgo meat from their plates at least once a week to promote health for themselves and our planet! If you don't already do this, then why not give a go??!!! :-)

8 comments:

  1. What plant based milk do you use? Sugar free I assume. I'm looking for something creamy but the soya milk I bought isn't creamy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm not making my own soymilk, I use Vitasoy - the green carton one (organic low fat).
      For a more creamy plant milk I would recommend the blue Vitasoy milks :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so awesome that you did this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your kind words - I''m glad you've enjoyed the collection! :-)

      Delete
  3. I've really enjoyed reading all your alphabet posts. I can't believe you've got all the way through to Z already. So many amazing recipes there to try ♥ I've bookmarked lots and will get to them once I'm through with recipe testing for my long overdue book (it's been 3 years now & I'm still not finished!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I must admit that I was fairly pleased that I got through the whole alphabet too!
      Hope you enjoy the ones you try :-)
      Ooooooo a book - how exciting! I think all food bloggers dream of book writing one day - good luck with it :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a fun post! I love what you did with "x". I did something similar for Vegan MoFo last year and cooked my way through the alphabet and my pantry. You can see my roundup here: http://www.coconutandberries.com/vegan-mofo-2013/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool idea for Vegan mofo! I really enjoyed mofo last year too :-) I love your buckwheat crepes with mushrooms - will have to give them a try :-)

      Delete