Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Salad ideas

So I've decided to start eating more salads at lunchtime!
The problem arose when I realised that I always feel like they never fill me up!

How many people think of salad as just vegetables???
Or how many people think of salads as something as bad as ceasar salad???

Well I have come up with a few never fail hints for how to make the perfect salad that will keep you full til dinner time!

--> always add at least half a cup of beans/legumes. Feel free to experiment here! I like to cook my own in the slow cooker if i have time
--> add 15-30grams of nuts
--> to add sweetness to your salad try adding currants or raisins
--> onions seem to really over-power the taste of the rest of the salad & leave us with onion breathe! Try using 1 or 2 spring onions instead! They add a lovely onion flavour without overpowering the whole salad.
--> as much as I love garlic, I never used more than 1 clove per salad or again it becomes overpowering
--> use freshly juiced fruit as dressing - I suggest orange, pineapple (pineapple with chili is a great combination)


Have fun munching on your salad :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment