Friday, April 17, 2015

Refried Bean Dip with Corn Crisps

Brace yourself --> I bring you fabulous news!!!
It is possible to make delicious Corn Chips that haven't been deep fried!

Here's how:

Layer half a can of creamed corn onto a lined dehydrator tray.
(You can use as many cans and trays as you like.)

Dehydrate for 8-10 hours, time will vary depending on your dehydrator. You can tell when it is done as the colour will have changed completely and the corn will be crisp.
Note: You can stir into the corn some paprika or taco flavoured spices if you desire.


 Gently pull the lining away from the corn crisps, being careful not to split them.

Using a large knife, slice into pieces (or you can do it with your hands if you'd rather!).

Serve! 
Yes, it's really that simple!  
The hardest part is waiting for the dehydrator whilst a delicious aroma fills your home!

Now for a perfectly paired dip.


Mix a can of re-fried beans with 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (either canned or freshly chopped). Stir until the re-fried beans are now more spreadable.
Pour bean mix into a serving container.
Chop 1/2 red capsicum into little pieces, sprinkle over the top of the dip along with 1/2 can drained corn kernels and 1 chopped spring onion. You can put a dollop of salsa in the middle if you like for presentation purposes.

 


Would you like an invite to our home for pre-dinner snacks???

10 comments:

  1. Those look great. Do they hold up well for dipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)
      yes we found they dipped quite well so long as too much 'weight' wasn't on them.

      Delete
  2. A healthy, fat free, low cal corn chip? That is such an awesome discovery ♥ Well done you! I adore corn chips and these would be perfect for Friday night munchies. Just need a dehydrator now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will also work in a low oven if you're keen to try :-)

      Delete
  3. Those look delightful. It's been a while since I've made dehydrated corn chips. I believe you've inspired me to make some along with a few bean chips. I've been in a 'snacky' mood recently; however, I have not made the time to make the snacks that I love. This afternoon, I'll try to work that into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! Hope you've been inspired to make your snacks again!

      Delete
  4. Sorry it's been a while since my last visit! These corn chips look awesome! I did some in my dehydrator a while back but I'm digging yours way more than mine! LOL Great job on these - I'm going to try and do some more in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed them if you tried them :-)
      I have been offline a bit myself lately - slowly catching up on all the blogs I read!

      Delete
  5. Yummmmmy. Do these keep for a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a day or 2, otherwise they loose their crispiness

      Delete