Thursday, February 5, 2015

Summer breakfast ideas

I am a breakfast preson :-)
I just LOVE having breakfast - however, I must admit that I find I get bored with breakfast easily.

Here's 2 recipes that I've been loving over summer when it's too hot for having warm oats..... and I'm not bored with them!

Blueberry Buckwheat Breakfast

3/4 cup buckwheat

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 medjool date, pitted
splash of motherless milk
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds

Place the buckwheat in a bowl of water and soak overnight.
In the morning drain the buckwheat and place in a blender with the blueberries, date and motherless milk. Pulse a few times until the mixture is combined and broken down but not completely smooth.
Serve in a bowl with the flax. 
  So creamy and delicious :-)
Anything purple is appealing to me!




Banana Soaked Mango Oats

1 banana
1 teaspoon coconut essence
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 mango

Place the banana and coconut essence in a blender with just enough cold water to cover it. Blend til smooth.
Place the oats and flax in a bowl and pour over the banana mixture. 
Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. 
The mixture will thicken and the oats will fluff up slightly.
Serve with a sliced mango.
Tropical flavours for breakfast :-)
So refreshing. 
 

Question of the day:
Do you prefer something different for breakfast in summer than winter?

13 comments:

  1. I'm into hot breakfasts at the moment but am glad you're enjoying buckwheat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being on the other side of the globe it's no surprise that hot breakfast are currently your thing!!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm totally drawn to purple foods too & your berry bowl looks incredible! Lil' L & my hubbie eat chilled overnight oats all year round so I'll have to make this one for them & see what they think. Like Kari, I'm all about the hot breakfasts at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for another purple food lover! ;-)
      Overnight oats are definitely very practical!
      It won't be too long before I"ll be back into hot breakfasts too!

      Delete
  3. I love the presentation and it looks so tasty! I love the color, violet. It looks so yummier :) Try to check this out! warwick associates boiler room

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm NOT a Breakfast person so I THANK YOU for these wonderful ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! PS, it's Jennifer from MyBlissfulJourney.com - I'm using my other account :)

      Delete
    2. I recognised your picture, even though it was from a different account! :-)
      I never used to be a breakfast person either to be honest! I'm glad I could inspire you a bit!

      Delete
  5. Yowza, those look good! I've never been happy with how I cut mangoes. Even when I do what you did, I can't get them off the peel without destroying the chunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mangoes are a tricky one to cut I agree. I use a spoon to slide the chunks off, seems to work better than a knife for me!

      Delete
  6. Vegan Food in Portland PdxVegan is a choice, a vision, a lifestyle. We are changing how we eat out from the earth, in a responsible and sustainable way that benefits our health. This section is all about healthy lifestyle tips and advice from a dietary point of view. Healthy eating and an active lifestyle are proven methods to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see healthy breakfast recipes and you have shared such great recipe here. What a presentation done by you. It looks so refreshing and healthy too. Have you some more breakfast online cooking recipes?

    ReplyDelete