Saturday, March 9, 2013

Apple-Almond Cookies

Apple-Almond Cookies

4 simple ingredients to make delicious healthy cookies!
Now that is something I can manage even after a hard days work!


You'll need:
2 overripe bananas
1 cup oats
1 cup dried apple pieces
2 Tablespoons almond butter


Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
Add the oats.
Chop or cut the apple into small pieces.
Add in the almond butter.
Stir until well combined and the mixture holds together.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place rounded tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray.
Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes. 

They will brown quickly so don't forget about them!!!




This recipe is my submission of the week towards Healthy Vegan Friday.
You can add your link at these blogs:
carrie on vegan                    veggie nook                    greenthickies

8 comments:

  1. Ooh these look so good! I've been saving my ripe bananas to make your date & banana bread, but I'll definitely have to save a couple for these cookies ;) Can't wait to give them a try!
    Have a wonderful weekend. I hope you get a chance to kick back & relax xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear - you'll have to do what I do and buy about double the amount of bananas than you really need in a week! lol
      But that's just because I LOVE cooking with overripe bananas so much!!!

      Delete
  2. These cookies look delicious! What a perfect combinations of flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them if you get a chance to try! :-)

      Delete
  3. You are so right - couldn't be easier, except I can't eat banana, I wonder what I could use in stead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmm, I use bananas so often that I'm not sure what would work instead - perhaps mashed tofu? Thought hard to replace because they also offer the cookie sweetness to! Maybe with a touch of maple syrup too?!?!? Let me know if you experiment!

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete