Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pumpkin, Tomato and Mixed Bean Soup

Although I usually think of November as weather that is starting to warm up, we are sure still having plenty of cold and rainy days here at the moment. So I figured that's a good enough reason to have soup! I'm sure many of you on the other side of the world appreciate soup for this time of year anyway as you're heading into the cooler months!
Pumpkin soup is always delicious, but this one is made even tastier with the addition of some beans and a hint of curry.

Pumpkin, Tomato and Mixed Bean Soup 


You'll need:

1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
500g pumpkin
1 carrot
1 small sweet potato
2 cups veggie stock
2 tins 400g diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 generous Tablespoon curry powder
2 tins mixed beans



Chop and saute the onion and garlic in a large pot using a little amount of stock.
Chop the veggies (peeling the pumpkin), place into the pot and bring to the boil with the remaining stock. Once boiling, simmer until veggies are soft.
Add tomatoes and use a stick blender to blend til desired consistency, either with a few chunky pieces remaining or til completely smooth - whatever is your preference.
Add the drained beans and spices. Return to heat and simmer til warmed through.
Serve with fresh herbs or croutons.



Question of the day:
Do you only eat soup during the cooler months, or also during the warmer months?

3 comments:

  1. This recipe looks yummy. I am going to save this one for later :)

    I tend to eat soup during the colder months. But I do make an exception for my mums delicious homemade tomato soup using tomatoes from her garden. She makes it through Summer :)

    Since I last commented on your blog I have gone completely vegan. At the moment I am raw vegan and feeling great, the best I have felt in years :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's so great to hear that you've completely jumped onboard the vegan way of life! Congratulations!
      So pleased to hear that you're feeling so well because of it too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future. read me Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.

    ReplyDelete